Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #1951
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ROFL, I didn't know MGS could be as awesome. I guess a lot of work has been spent on details and extras; that little 5% of gameplay that means as much as 30% in your perception of quality and addiction. Besides, that means its director had the balls to do what he wanted, regardless of how high would soccer moms bitch.

  2. #1952
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pretty much. You can try out a lot of interesting things with the engine they use, and because you can talk to people at any time via your codec (a communicator you activate by pressing the Select button), they usually comment on what your doing, and how absurd it is or whatever. You can get some funny results, and they will always have something new to say, whenever you decide to talk to them, even if you choose to speak to them 2 or 3 times in a row. This makes you feel more involved as a player.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 21, 2004 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  3. #1953
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Goddammit.

    [Adds MGS2 and MGS3 to list of games to try when I want to take a break from RPGs.]

  4. #1954
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Add MGS1 to that. It's probably the best out of the series.

  5. #1955
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, MGS1 is still my favourite. Also, on that note, MGS:TS didnt really fully satisfy me, the story just didnt feel as dark and thought provoking with the redone voice-acting; still fun though, as always.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 22, 2004 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  6. #1956
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually only ever played TTS &gt;_&gt;

  7. #1957
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never played mgs &gt;_&lt; Is it a big mistake? Nfsu2 on da second play is harder

  8. #1958
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Currently playing Gran Turismo, the original.
    (For discussion on games, refer to the topic Wiseman created).

  9. #1959
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Wiseman: SPOILERS for Halo 1:


    So, anybody's gonna explain why am I in Halo? Why can't I be at home watching TV? Er, what did happen between the covenant and humans and why are they shooting the crap out of each other?

    The Covenant attacked the planet known as Reach, where Spartan-117 or Master Chief (the highest ranking Spartan) or John-117 was stationed. His original mission was to travel to the Covenant Homeworld on the Pillar of Autumn, but the Covenant found Reach and begun glassing the planet (firing the huge lasers at it). Due to Cole Protocol the ship's AI (Cortana) had to make a random jump into Slipspace and come out at a random vector to evade the Covenant while fleeing. The reason for the randomness is so the Covenant would not find Earth. Well, they get near Halo-04, where the Covenant have already landed. That's where it basically starts. There is no sure reason why the Covenant decided to attack the humans, but I personally believe is that the Humans have tie to the Forerunner (explained later.)

    Why did all the ugly aliens ally against just humans?

    Not just humans, but also those who refused to join. The bond started between the Elites and Prophets, later other races were incorporated into their covenant.

    Why are we on Halo in the first place?

    See above.

    What should I know about it, other than an ancient race made it and the covenant and us just found it?

    Not much is known about the Forerunner but is is known they activated the Halos around 100,000 years in the past to kill the Flood's food (the only sure fire way to kill them.) However, eventually the Covenant found Halo and accidently released the Flood. Thus the level 343 Guilty Spark.

    And what about these running shits (sorry, I won't remember their name [img]tongue.gif[/img] )? I guess the larger crap I'm killing used to be my comrades or some half assed covenant guy (I fear the day I'll see a hunter converted into that).

    The Flood. The small ones are infection forms, the roundish ones are Carriers and the bigs ones are combat forms. The Flood are parasites to say the least. Not much is known about them, but the Forerunners went to drastic measures to take care of them. The infection forms infect humans, covenant whatever is of sufficient biomass and use it to spread more of themselves.

    And most of all, what was that stupid ball I've been following while trying not to step on a bug or get killed by the gnosis?

    Ah, 343 Guilty Spark, the Monitor of Installation 04. He was created by the Forerunner to look after Halo. He was there to find a Reclaimer (which first was a badass Marine Sgt. which eventually was killed by the Flood, later the MC) that could activate Halo using the Index. The Index is the key to the ignition switch of Halo. The reason why he comes off as bad is because activating Halo would destroy all life in the galaxy (human and Covenant an Flood) so basically, Cortana finds this out when you stick her in the computer (of Halo) and rejects the index. So 343 Guilty Spark is only following orders left by the Forerunner to contain the Flood.

    I used to hate 343, but after playing Halo 2, I like him.

  10. #1960
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the explanation, now I understand some things a little better.

    *HALO SPOILERS*

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    So I guess Cortana randomly jumped and had the bad luck of ending up near Halo, which was unhabited except for the sleeping Flood, and the Covenant followed their jump as they discussed in the first cut-scenes and seized Halo. They plagued it for when I landed, and later they discovered the Flood and thought it could be a lot of fun releasing it, but now they are getting killed just as much as humans. However, I wonder why they still bother attacking humans instead of allying, at least until we get rid of the Flood.

    As for the ancients, how on Halo were they so smart to build Halo, and so stupid to mass exterminate everything (presumably including themselves) to "fix the Flood problem"? And what if we just let them have Halo, and blast it later or something? Won't that stop the Flood anyways? Or they can travel through space and bit some alien in the butt?

    Thanks.

    Now I'm trying to destroy generator 2 to piss 343 off, but this is full of Gnosis.

    BTW, is Halo 2 story mode so full of Flood as well? I think the game was more fun without them. I don't mind the larger ones (althogh I don't like random monster type things), but the infection units are always trying to hump my legs.

    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

    **

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •